top of page

New point calculation sheet is available

 Immigration Agency of Japan(出入国在留管理庁) now released the new point calculation sheet which will be used from July 30 2021. The point calculation is the system to evaluate your educational background, work experience, age and other elements to determine whether you could get Highly skilled professional VISA(高度専門職) or not. It is also used for Application of Permanent Residence. You could apply for PR earlier by getting total points which is designated on Guideline of Permanent Residency.

The amendment of point calculation means your total points might be changed. So, there is also effect on timing of PR application and whether you could apply for application of Highly Skilled Professional VISA. In this article, I’ll write how this amendment will affect your total points in this system

There is no risk you lose points

If you’ve already calculated your total points, you might think whether there is the possibility to lose your some of your total points. But there is no risk for such condition. Because this amendment just adds one section to get points. About other factors like educational background, work experience, age, and other elements, there is no change. You could claim the total points which you clamed already.

Chance to get additional points

You might think of the new section which was added on the new point calculation sheet. Now if you mee “Engaged in work related to Investment Management Business, etc.”, you could claim 10 points additionally.

The reason why such persons could get another 10 points is the new policy of Japanese government to accept more human resources on international finance. So, if you work in financial industry, you might be able to get 10 points additionally.

How to get new point calculation sheet

Some of you want to get the new point calculation sheets to check whether you could get additional points. You could download the new point calculation sheet from the following website of Immigration Services Agency of Japan.

It is also helpful to find whether you could get HSP VISA or Permanent Residence in Japan. I hope you get more chance to get PR or HSP VISA.

Daichi Ito

Immigration Law Practitioner (Gyoseishoshi)



After graduating the Faculty of Law of Hosei University in Tokyo, Daichi Ito stated Kamakura International Legal Service(行政書士鎌倉国際法務事務所) and specialize in Immigration procedures and naturalization. Now He mainly handle PR application for various clients from highly skilled professionals to spouse VISA holders.

Office Address: 124 Zyuniso, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa-ken

Office Hour; 9:00~17:00 Monday-Friday




What to do after "PR rules" are amened?

Undder current conition, people who want to become Permanent Residents in Japan only care about whether their applications for Permanent Resiency are approved. Since the Immigration Services Bureau mu


bottom of page