top of page

Our advice on your Christmas and new year plan on 2020

Hi, I’m Daichi Ito from Kamakura International Legal Service. Our life has been changed dramatically because of Covid-19. This virus even will change our Christmas and New year. So, what you need to care about Christmas and New year plan as foreign citizens who live in Japan. Here is what I think you need to know.

Entry ban is tightened for the U.K

The government of Japan announced they will introduce more restrictive entry regulation regarding the entry to Japan from the United Kingdom. Now Japanese government principally refuse to allow foreign citizens to enter to Japan except for some conditions (Like persons who has middle-long term residential status in Japan. But the government decided to stop generally stop the entry from the U.K. except for Japanese citizens.

Now we are waiting for detailed report about the new restriction. Even we have no information whether entity VISA which were already issued will be revoked or not. we will be reported by our newsletter if there is any update from the government.

Reconsidering is recommended if you have travel plan to abroad

Some people ask about travel plan to abroad on this Christmas and new year holiday since Japan reopened its border for foreign citizens who has middle-long term residential status in Japan. Some people think they could return to Japan.

But we generally recommend our clients to “stay in Japan” except for quite exceptional reason. Now Mutation of Covid-19 is also reported some European nations other than the U.K. We can’t deny the possibility that the government might stop entry from nations other than the U.K because of Mutation of Covid-19 and you will not be able to go back to Japan even you have re-entry permissions.

You might feel alone because you can’t meet with your families in your home counties. But Now, we need to consider our holiday plan with preparation for the worst scenario.

Daichi Ito

Immigration Law Practitioner(Gyoseishoshi)


After graduating the Faculty of Law of Hosei University in Tokyo, Daichi Ito stated Kamakura International Legal Service(行政書士鎌倉国際法務事務所) and specialize in Immigration procedures and naturalization. Now He mainly handle PR application for various clients from highly skilled professionals to spouse VISA holders.

Office Address: 124 Zyuniso, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa-ken

Office Hour; 9:00~17:00 Monday-Friday





What to do after "PR rules" are amened?

Undder current conition, people who want to become Permanent Residents in Japan only care about whether their applications for Permanent Resiency are approved. Since the Immigration Services Bureau mu


bottom of page